I got SP kaiden today. I wanted to jot down a few things before I forget.
- stage / groove gauge / clear rate
- p+p / 30% / 75%
- BSB / 30% / 58%
- Himiko / 32% / 70%
- mei / 58% / 73%
- Overall 69% (nice)
I play a mix of TAKA.S and 1048. About 50:50 split between the two playstyles, depending on the density / scratch patterns. For example,
- TAKA.S for the entirety of HAERETICUS
- 1048 for the entirety of quell
- a good mix of both for MENDES
- Switch: 50g
- Spring: 60g
- bomb = 9th Style
- judge =メタリックブルー
- notes = パステル
- key beam = ショート
- sudden+ = default
- 2006 – release of Distorted AC – first time playing 7 key, was playing 9s on USKOC back then, but stopped playing around the time Troopers was released.
- I was playing “claw”
- July 2015 – Round 1 Southcenter opens in Seattle. I start playing IIDX occasionally again. For a year, I was playing SDVX mostly until I hit 十段 in that game.
- June?? 2016 – 八段
- July 17, 2016 – 九段
- October 5, 2016 – first 12 NC (紅牡丹)
- December 10, 2016 – bought my DJ DAO PEE
- December 29, 2016 – 十段
- December 31, 2016 – Level 11 NC lamp on Sinobuz AC
- January, 2017 – I started to feel the limits of the “claw”. During the month of January I learned 1048 while playing Infinitas.
- My right hand still does not use the pinky. Instead, I use ring finger for #7
- April, 2017 – started to feel the limits of non-wrist 1048 thanks to MENDES. Started learning TAKA.S — still no pinky though.
- May 12, 2017 – 中伝
- August 10, 2017 – 発狂BMS 二段
- September 12, 2017 – 発狂BMS 三段
- October 17, 2017 – Passed BSB for the first time in 皆伝 course
- February 10, 2018 – On this day, my “BMS recommend” rating was 8.58
- February 15, 2018 – changed GN from 276 to 264
- February 15, 2018 – Bad Maniacs, 天空の夜明け HC
- February 16, 2018 – MENDES, quell HC
- February 17, 2018 – Classic 皆伝
- February 17, 2018 – 皆伝 !!!
On the day of
- Had a cup of coffee and then started playing around 7pm
- Warmed up playing:
- the trigger of innocence
- you’ll say now
- waxing and wanding
- Played Classic Kaiden, passed for the first time
- And then into Kaiden…
- WN = 240
- GN = 264
- no hat … because I don’t have one…
- in the last slow section of Himiko, I “floated” and went from <10% to 32%. This helped a lot.
- During Mei, I had 90% or so before the slowdown; came out of speedup with ~10%
- Learning 1048 and then TAKA.S
- Practicing BSB separately. During October 2017 I played BSB multiple times a day (in a row) until I was comfortable.
- Focusing on reducing BP – trying to easy clear and then into hard clear
- Additionally, working on timing as well
- Changing GN a few days before. I was on 276 for a few months; reducing to 264 had a huge impact, and I started hard clearing bad maniacs / mendes / quell afterwards
- Practicing Bad Maniacs, Mendes, quell, 天空, Haereticus
- This video: Beatmania IIDX 단위인정 개전 冥 공략 (Korean Subtitled)
What I could have done better
- Taking a long break in November / December of 2017. I was barely playing IIDX.
- Learning to use the pinky on my right hand.
- Experimenting more with GN, perhaps?
- Not obsessing over clears, but instead playing a variety of charts
I’d like to thank all of my friends and IIDX rivals for the support.